New Guy Looking For Help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am new to diving and I am looking to get my gear I have figured out what I am getting except for a BC. I have been looking every where and I have been getting help at my local dive shop but I am still not sure where to go. I have been looking at a BARE Blackjack and a BARE Blackwing and also the Cresi Blackjac BC. I can't get answers from people about the differences and who makes the better product, mainly I can't find a dealer that sells both Cresi and BARE.

I need some help.

Thanks

I wouldn't buy a BCD if I couldn't test out a similar BCD model in the water.
Fit and function are important to me.
Is your local shop willing to let you test out at least one of the BCDs that you're considering?

I have been diving for over 20 years and your recommended lecture (Dr. Kay) was by far the best information I have seen on equalization!! Outstanding. Thank you.

I Agree with Bubbletruble,

Try working in the selection that is accessible for testing.

I'm sorta in the same boat - no pun intended...

I go to Beneath the Sea every year and see all the latest and greatest BCs and feel overwhelmed.

For cost reasons, I will likely just rent at my dive destination. However, I would like to get a better idea on what to look for from a BC beyond fit & comfort for recreational use. Any sort of special features, materials, manufacture warranty, etc to be aware of?

Is there a beginner's guide to how to select a BC?

Where in Florida are you located. Once that is known we can direct you to a good local Dealer that can answer you questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom