PCB St. Andrews report Mar 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airstream

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Arrived at high tide to 68 degree water and 20 ft vis.
Dive 1 50 minutes in the slack tide with Jake Deneef (USA Scuba in Mary Esther), lots of Reds, toadfish, couple of puffers. Saw about 8 fish hooked (dead) just laying there.... Jake was hooked in the yoke by a fisherman..he efficiently severed his line...lots of mono out there! A knife is a must! 50 minute dive.

Dive 2 had tide going out vis reduced to 15. Called it after 20 minutes due to deteriorating conditions.

This trip was a last minute plan b due to the conditions in the Gulf.

68F in the salt always seems warmer than 68F in the springs :p Glad to hear its warming up.

The St Lawrence has warmed to 34 degrees F at Alexandria Bay Saturday. Makes diving in a 7mm wetsuit a joy due to the warmer temps. My biggest complaint is my hair freezes when I remove my hood. I can't imagine complaining about 64 degrees F ! Just kidding, we all are waiting for summer to get here, especially us in the north country!

You don't have to tell us how bad it sucks up there, we're already convinced :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom