Ft Pickens 3/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airstream

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Entered water as Sontek was exiting....small world! Caught it just at the end of high tide vis was around 15 FT...lots of particulate...BIG sheepshead and lot of em! Bearded fireworms...Recharge took some pics....good times....temp was 68.

Dude, call a brother up. Kidding, glad the water is warm. I was busy tearing up my yard this weekend, but dude, call a brother up.

Entered water as Sontek was exiting....small world! Caught it just at the end of high tide vis was around 15 FT...lots of particulate...BIG sheepshead and lot of em! Bearded fireworms...Recharge took some pics....good times....temp was 68.

The water was 68 for the first 20ft or so and then dropped to around 66.

At the beginning of our dive (was with DocCarl) the vis was a dirty 20-25ft with particulates. I saw some of the biggest sheepshead I had ever seen and they were *everywhere*... It felt like an aquarium dive but with only sheeps! Which was frustrating because I was out in Perdido Key hunting sheeps earlier and ended up only coming up with 1!

Outside of the plethora of sheeps and fireworms we did stumble upon 3 groupers, some cowfish, and a single damsel which I'm hoping is a sign that the rest of the tropicals are on their way back :)

The jeep is covered up to the steering wheel and the rocket launcher is covered up to the middle pipe that octopus like to hangout in. Other than that, Ft.Pickens is looking great! The bobsled that had no life on it last summer is covered in anemone's and other growth. It has also been moved, it used to be right next to a pipe further out and now its laying on its side.

It was great to catch up with Recharge and Airstream before they hit the water but glad I made it there before them for the better conditions :wink:

jhayes75: You have an open invitation for coming diving with me, I'm in the water ever weekend, just send me a message when you aren't busy digging up your yard! :D

I heard the other day people have been seeing several rattlesnakes along the sewall. true?

Rattlesnakes? First I've heard of it.

Had two great dives Sunday. First with a buddy of mine from back home, second with Sontek. I'd call the temp about 65 on both dives, with viz pushing 30 on the first, and more like 20-25 on the second.

Here's a couple pictures I snapped with my new camera on the first dive. I've got a lot to learn!!!

web.jpg

web.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom