shoulder dump valve cross compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
anyone know which shoulder dump valves can cross manufacturers w/out adapter rings? looking for one for my aeris bcd (i figure oceanic will work)

I see this is an older thread, but I have related question. Is anyone can help me identifying valves that can be fitted on the same spot where Viking valve was/is installed? Other words are there any valves compatible with Viking ones? I measured the seat (seal) installed in the suit as best as I could. The inner hole diameter is about 29.92 mm. The inner diameter of the groove(not sure how to call it - pressed in ring, where part of the valve goes to seal the connection) is about 42.94mm, the outer diameter is 47.58 mm. Thank you.

---------- Post Merged on June 29th, 2012 at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was on June 28th, 2012 at 11:03 AM ----------

It seems like very little/no valves will fit the same spot where Viking valve is installed. It is hard to find repair kits. At some point it almost doesn't make sense to look for a repair kit as the price for one is almost the same as for the new/refurbished valve. One place that most likely will have your Viking valve-related issue resolved is comdive.com. Bob is extremely helpful and friendly person in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom