Canon SD780IS and Canon WP-DC31 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ethywen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Canon SD780IS and WP-DC31 underwater housing for sale. Housing has never leaked or flooded and gives full access to the controls, camera is in great condition, no scratches on the lens, some very light scratching on the body from putting it into and taking it out of the housing.

Also included are a couple sample images from the camera at macro and standard focus.

My asking price is $325 for the set. Not currently looking to break it up.

Amazon for the camera: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSh...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1301437194&sr=1-1

Amazon for the housing: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-WP-DC31...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1301437238&sr=1-1

Thanks!

-Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0903edit.jpg
    IMG_0903edit.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1120-1.jpg
    IMG_1120-1.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Why are you selling it? It appears to take good pictures.

How long have you had it? How many dives?

What comes with it? Camera, case, any x-tra batteries or car charger? Do you have the original box, wall charger, instructions, CD, USB cable, etc? BC Retractor?

Do you have a case for the camera and the underwater housing that you carry in outside the water?

Thank you.

Last edited:
It does take great pictures, I'm just upgrading to a larger camera with more manual settings.

I've had it for about a year, it's been on approximately 30 dives with me.

What comes with it? Camera, case, any x-tra batteries or car charger? Do you have the original box, wall charger, instructions, CD, USB cable, etc? BC Retractor?
Camera, housing, wall charger, USB cable, and 4GB class 4 card. I have to check to see if I have the original box and CD, though the CD did not have any useful programs on it.

Do you have a case for the camera and the underwater housing that you carry in outside the water?
I don't really use it outside the water, generally I clean the housing, let it dry, and then leave the camera in the housing.

Thank you.

I can't write much now. My son and fiance are here for a visit and my wife is gone for a couple of weeks. I ordered Pizza.

I'll look/think more later.

It does take great pictures, I'm just upgrading to a larger camera with more manual settings.

I've had it for about a year, it's been on approximately 30 dives with me.

Camera, housing, wall charger, USB cable, and 4GB class 4 card. I have to check to see if I have the original box and CD, though the CD did not have any useful programs on it.

I don't really use it outside the water, generally I clean the housing, let it dry, and then leave the camera in the housing.

Last edited:
I've read some reviews on this camera. How would you rate the optical viewfinder? Is it usable? I ask because I'm 59yrs old and I sometimes use the viewfinder in my camera, because it is too bright and I can't see the digital screen.

How well did you like this camera.

Could you tell me some positive and negative characteristics about the Canon sd780is.

How well and with what ease did the housing work?

Thank you again

How would you rate the optical viewfinder?
To be honest, I never used it, but it seems pretty small to me.

Is it usable?
Definitely usable, but I think a bit small to really get any good use out of. Probably more of a selling point for them than something they actually intended for serious use.

How well did you like this camera.
I loved the camera, I just found that I wanted access to shutter speed and slightly easier access to ISO settings underwater.

Could you tell me some positive and negative characteristics about the Canon sd780is.
Positives: Takes great pictures, is very small (meaning a smaller housing and less junk on your BC, and could be better for carrying around above water), good flash placement for underwater use w/ the diffuser on the housing.
Negatives: The optical viewfinder is small, some of the buttons are small (which happens with such a small camera) and I found that the housing actually makes it easier to access some of the buttons.

How well and with what ease did the housing work?
The housing is very straightforward, works great. As with any housing, make sure to clean off the O-ring after dives, and while I've never had any fogging issues, I've taken to diving with a silica gel pack in the housing (a soft bag gel pack fits, the moisture muncher hard tubes do not).

On another note, I do have the original box, the Camera User Guide, the Direct Print User Guide, and the Spanish User Guide, as well as the original camera to TV component cable.

I sent you a PM on why I'm hesitating which has to do more with my situation than your camera.

I really appreciate your open responses.

Thank you

One more shot at 250 before I send it on over to Ebay.

Is this a fair price, or do you guys think I'm asking too much?

How deep is the case rated to? I'm new to diving and in school so I can't spend a lot of money on a camera but I am interested in getting one.

Back
Top Bottom