port st lucie (visiting mom)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greta-inbaja

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI,

I am stopping off in miami to pt st lucie to visit mom on the way to bonaire/curacao. I am in the area 4 days. Is there a 1 day dive I should do while in the area? If so, with what shop? I do not have the time to go to the keys. A bit of a drive is ok maybe up to 1.5 hrs..
Thanks
cathy

Dive in Jupiter, 40 min south of PSL. Good dive ops available. Try Scuba Works, you might really like it. Max 10 to 12 people on the boat.

We live in Port St Lucie(PSL or Pizzle). In addition to the Jupiter dives mentioned, we like the shore dive at the Blue Heron Bridge just north of West Palm Beach, about 1 hour south of PSL. See the loooong thread here with regard to BHB or da' bridge. Must dive around high tide, many tide sources online--use the tides for Port of Palm Beach. We also like a shore dive at Pepper Park to the north about 15 miles. When the seas are flat, it's good.

Contact us when the date is closer, we and some other locals would likely dive with you!!

You have to check out BathTub Reef if your in the area. If the winds are light, there is a good chance that the water is clear and ready for shore diving. I spent three hours snorkeling around Bathtub last week and saw a spotted eagle ray, BIG school of tarpon, spadefish, 2 small seaturtles and a few nurse sharks. If you do head out there, here are a few things to remember:bring a Dive Flag (the inlet is < 1 mile), try REALLY hard NOT to walk on the reef!(if it crunches, its now dead), head out sometime around High tide (water is deeper/ easier to cross the reef line) Swing by my shop on Jensen Beach Blvd for a conditions report and to talk local diving. Ask for Steve.

Here are some clips from 'norkling at bathtub...
YouTube - BathTub Reef Kayak Diving Summer 2009

P.S.: When will you be in town?

Last edited:
The reefs off of Jupiter and West Palm are a must see. They are charter dives and also drift dives as well. I would recommend the Jupiter dive center.

Beside Scuba Works , their is Jupier Dive center about 30-40 minutes from PSL

Scuba Diving Jupiter with Jupiter Dive Center, , Florida.

I second the suggestion of Juipiter Dive Center: its the op I dive with the most and they visit some pretty cool reefs and other sites.

This is a dive CTX120 and I did with them a few years ago YouTube - Diving with Goliath Grouper at Wreck of MG 111 in Jupiter Florida You can briefly see see him kneeling in the video about half way through

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom