PDA

View Full Version : Copyright Age?

Akimbo
March 31st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Occasionally I am tempted to post scans from old, and now defunct, Skin Diver Magazine articles but am not sure about the copyright status. Some are around 50 years old. I tried a search but couldnít find anything that dealt with copyrights that may have expired. :dontknow:

HowardE
March 31st, 2011, 01:03 PM
Moved to Non-Diving Related

Bubble_Boy
March 31st, 2011, 01:10 PM
Occasionally I am tempted to post scans from old, and now defunct, Skin Diver Magazine articles but am not sure about the copyright status. Some are around 50 years old. I tried a search but couldnít find anything that dealt with copyrights that may have expired. :dontknow:

This might help
Copyright Protection and Expiration - When Do Copyrights Go Public Domain (http://inventors.about.com/od/copyrights/a/expiration.htm)

Akimbo
March 31st, 2011, 01:24 PM
Moved to Non-Diving Related

The question was about posting copyrighted material on Scubaboard. I didnít want to violate Scubaboard policy, or copyright law for that matter.

HowardE
March 31st, 2011, 01:38 PM
If you post others copyrighted material, its their copyright not ours. AFAIK, copyrights aren't valid forever, and also afaik, if you cite the source, then you're not necessarily violating the copyright. But let me say this. I am not a lawyer. Your question is not specifically a site support question... Perhaps you'll find the answer you're looking for by asking the general membership.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1