Nomad EXP or Nomad XT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paddler3d

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Title says it all!

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger.

Basically I'm looking to ditch the doubles rig for open water, mild wreck penetration diving and do it side mount style.

Between the EXP or the XT, which one and why?

One caveat...I don't have a ton of money, but if it is worth it to get the XT, well, so be it.

Thank you in advance!

There's a new Nomad JT coming next month which might be worth a look too.

Call Cave Adventurers and get the original expedition one. A lot cheaper than the XT. I've taken my original one through a bunch and it's fine still. Unless you're really squeezing through stuff the XT is overkill, but I'd never buy a non modular bc... so EXP is an automatic no for me

Greetings Paddler3d I agree with others EXP is not an option for me.
I do not like the non-modular Nomads but that is my preference for adjustment reasons.
The JT looks like it will be interesting as well.
My best advice would be to try on them both and see which one fits the best.
Depending on fit one might work better than the other so till you try them you may not know.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

I second the advice to call Cave Adventurers, 850-482-6016. Ask for Edd and tell him Rob referred you. He carries the original Nomads. I have over 500 dives in mine wwith a couple hundred or so in tight passage and the wing is still fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom