Anyone know where to get webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WeldonDowd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
LOCALLY? I'm looking for some 2" webbing for a harness. I know I can order online but I am wondering if people have found local sources. Places I've tried: home depot, lowes, mom and pop hardware, safety product places, fastenal, fabric stores, hobby lobby, sporting good stores, oh yeah, and Lds's. Someone uses this stuff, who? I had 10 feet left from some I got from DSS but I made a weight belt for a buddy with 3 feet of it about two weeks ago; well, now I need about 10 continuous feet for another harness. Any ideas?

I am not local, But would be willing to help.

Hall

Any local dive shop should be able to sell you webbing but if you are looking for a cheaper alternative you could go with seat belt webbing and pop rivets to make a simple harness. This will not work for all applications though. What exactly are you going to use this for?

Any local dive shop should be able to sell you webbing

I would bet that many if not most dive shops that focus on recreational diving wouldn't even know why someone would want webbing, let alone have it. Maybe on Long Island the dive shops are more apt to sell webbing?
----------

However.... If you (the OP) ordered it from someplace like Dive Gear Express or Piranha, you'd probably have it before you could find it locally?

I mean - if you were desperate - you could probably buy a tool belt or the like at Home Depot, and pay a lot more, since you'd be buying buckles... cut the buckles off and then you have plain webbing. But...

DiveGearExpress or SCUBAToys online

I would bet that many if not most dive shops that focus on recreational diving wouldn't even know why someone would want webbing, let alone have it. Maybe on Long Island the dive shops are more apt to sell webbing?

Weight belt webbing.

West Marine sells 2" webbing, along with 1" and all kind of metal and plastic D rings, buckles and other gadgets to use with different sizes webbing.

Until recently, my LDS only sold YELLOW :idk:

And what's wrong with yellow?? :wink:

u808.jpg

I couldn't find any yellow, so orange will have to do :(

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom