DIR in Germany?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there much of a DIR community in Germany? Might be going there for an extended period of time for business.

I was looking into it a while back, almost had to make that move myself. The GUE website lists 3 instructors, plus one of Gid's T2 students last year was from Germany. Your best bet, however, is to pray for Egypt to return to some semblance of normalcy and then travel to Hurghada or Sharm-el-Sheik since it's pretty cheap from Germany :wink:

Peace,
Greg

Grumble. I probably can't fly to dive as I won't have more than a weekend off at a time.

Is there much of a DIR community in Germany? Might be going there for an extended period of time for business.

Yes, but there's not that much diving. If you're cave1-2 they do a fair amount of mine diving in northern Germany. That's looked good.

The North Sea is not really divable until you get way offshore. There are some not that great looking lakes in the Netherlands which they goof off and train in.

Where exactly would you be? Germany is a big country...

I have a couple of friends in Germany, where will you be staying?

There is a massive German DIR contingency, perhaps only bested by the Italians or the Dutch!

I'll be in Stuttgart. I assume they don't teach C1 classes in the mines? I don't have a tech checkout from Fundies, but I might try for it if there was a reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom