abalone diving this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JQuesada

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey folks. went to the coast regardless of the bad conditions and had some fun. stillwater cove had some huge breakers so it was a no go. however, timber cove was busy with ab divers and a few rollers. didn't get anything due to my inexperience and the fact that the vis was 0, found the bottom with my face on three attempts lol, i am fine :p anyone have success at obtaining some delicious snail?

JQ

Glad you made it out safely.

Beware of getting in on such bad days. After all, the "Sacramento Syndrome" is named after your town. ;-)

I drove up from Sac and was disappointed to find low water visibility. Did not get a chance to practice my freediving skills. Does anyone know if water visibility can be predicted or one will just have to dive in to know. Thanks.

I drove up from Sac and was disappointed to find low water visibility. Did not get a chance to practice my freediving skills. Does anyone know if water visibility can be predicted or one will just have to dive in to know. Thanks.
That is easy. When the locals don't even go out to the coast on an ab opening weekend...well vis is bad and the swells are up! Water vis on the North Coast is pretty easy to predict. Try this "It's 8ft on a good day", and can only get worse when the swells are bigger. Not that we haven't seen 80 ft of vis before.

How many times have we driven to the coast and never gotten wet? Too many to count. Thank goodness for having a State Park pass so there are no worries about investigating dive sites. We do know the Country Club in Guernville serves a delicious brunch with champagne.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom