Fuji W1 3D Camera and SeaTool Underwater Case - $650

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Renae

New
Reaction score
B.jpg

F.jpg

I was referred to these forums by Sean at Backscatter where I originally bought the SeaTool underwater case in July last year.

The camera is also about 1 year old, in great condition, and has a spare battery. It has a full coverage warranty that is active until 2014. I upgraded in October last year and the camera has been sitting in it's box since then until I finally got time to post the equipment. The camera has an underwater setting which is one of the things that sold me on the camera.
FinePix REAL 3D W1 | Fujifilm Global
D.jpg

The SeaTool housing was only used a few times in the summer. It worked perfectly and has a closing mechanism that is much better than my Sanyo housings.
SeaTool Underwater Housing - Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1
C.jpg

I will include a 2GB SD card for free and as an option (for $400) I will also send the pictured Fuji V1 3D viewer. The viewer shows both pictures and videos.
FinePix REAL 3D V1 | Fujifilm Global
E.jpg

I will happily answer any questions and continue to provide support to the buyer to help them learn the ins and outs of the camera and 3D photos/videos.

You can take 2D pictures but a 3D picture is 2x 2D JPG images. In fact, the file extension is MPO but it's actually a JPG with an embedded second image. Just add '.jpg' to the end of the filename and it's now a normal 2D picture viewable with anything that can display a JPG file.

When I transfer the images to my computer they all get ".jpg" appended and I currently view/show them in 2D everywhere except 2 places; on the camera (I leave my favourites) and on one of my 3D photo frames (my GF and I each have one at work). Actually, I just got a 3rd place to view them in 3D, my Nintendo 3DS. I figured out a way to put my existing collection of 3D pictures on the game system. IT takes an SDHC card so I can put tons of my pictures on there. :)

I think of it this way, the moment I bought my 3D camera my pictures will from then on be in 3D. Currently I view them in 2D on most devices, like my existing collection of pictures. *However*, when 3D is more prominent I will be able to view all my photos and videos taken in 3D by just changing the extension. I will never be able to view my older 2D pictures in 3D. Even though my 2D camera takes slightly better pictures and has features the 3D camera doesn't I never use it. The only thing I use it for is the x100 zoom for things I can't get close to.

Back
Top Bottom