PADI divemaster requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
I've read the thread about required skills for PADI Divemaster.
What other subjects are you taught in the DM course and what tests?

Hey Richard,

Hows things downstate? I'll be tooling by your area Saturday on the way to watch MSU get stomped by Iowa. Oh well, the beer will be just as tasty!

The DM program has lots of info but but eight specifically tested areas of knowledge development.

-Physic
-Physiology
-Divemaster conducted programs
-Assisting with student divers
-Supervising certified divers
-Equipment
-Skills and environment
- Deco theory and the RDP/Wheel

Good stuff, regardless of what anyone else in here tells you!:)

Gedunk my man! Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to take the course just for fun. I like learning about diving and this sounds like something interesting for the winter.
By the way, when I went to Michigan State [class of 1962] we paid top dollar and we got top football tallent. Also, we didn't
play teams like Southern Mississippi School of Culinary Arts. Let alone lose to them! If you want to go down and see these dogs
bark, be my guest! I'd rather catch salmon. They fight harder.
Oh I should mention for no other reason than to make you eat your liver in envy, I've rented a house in Marathon, the Heart of the Keys for February. I know it doesn't have anything to do with anything in this thread, I just wanted to brag.
Thanks again.

Lawman, keep going for the education. I don't know if it is available to you but from what I have seen the NAUI Masterdiver course was about as educational as anything I've taken in scuba. I'm not knocking padi, just giving laurels to the Masterdiver course.

Lawman once bubbled...

Oh I should mention for no other reason than to make you eat your liver in envy, I've rented a house in Marathon, the Heart of the Keys for February. I know it doesn't have anything to do with anything in this thread, I just wanted to brag.

How about inviting all of your good buddies here on scubaboard to drop in for a little visit? All arguments will be confined to non-diving intervals, when argument-fuel can be consumed in suitable quantities.

Oh, I forget you guys are lawyers. You argue for practice. :)

He didn't consume much of that when he was in Tobermory, though. He still knew how to argue.

Seriously, if Lawman wants to become a divemater, I say the more power to him. I am certain that everybody has offered valid suggestions as well. Haven't not take the Naui master diver course (although I can't imagine too much more information than I had in my DiveCon course or my Advanced Nitrox being included), it actually sounds like a good course.

Oh, and if you are going to be a DM up here, I would recommend a good Drysuit. :)

diverbrian once bubbled...
Oh, I forget you guys are lawyers. You argue for practice. :)

We actually like it. If you are a lawyer and you don't enjoy arguing, you probably are in the wrong profession.

If anyone happens to be in Marathon [really, Key Colony Beach]
just accross the bridge, I'll be there. I don't know the address [my wife signed us up and the addy is at home] but I'll let you know. Theres a dive shop on the causway as you enter KKC and Capt. Hooks is accross the canal. I stayed there before and could leave our canal and be at Coffins Patch in a few minutes.

Re: Dive education. I'm never going to work in the dive industry but I love taking dive classes. My son in law is a NAUI instructor and loves to stick his nose in the air about PADI, but it's good natured. All we've got here is SSI and PADI. I like both having been certified PADI & AOW with SSI. The PADI store is much closer and a lot more convient. This is a sport where you can't be too good or too well trained. Like flying airplanes, either be real good at it or don't do it at all.:)

Lawman once bubbled...
This is a sport where you can't be too good or too well trained. Like flying airplanes, either be real good at it or don't do it at all.:)

Amen brother.

Lawman once bubbled...
This is a sport where you can't be too good or too well trained. Like flying airplanes, either be real good at it or don't do it at all.:)
Who is this...and what did you do with Lawman????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom