Multiple PADI learning Materials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScubaScubaYAY

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for:

Open Water Diver Manual
Adventures in Diving Manual
Rescue Diver Manual
Divemaster Manual (updated 2011 version)
eRDPml
Recreational Dive Planning Table

I am a college student who is becoming a PADI Instructor and I need to find all of these items at very inexpensive prices. Any deal you could give me would be great. PM or reply to the thread with any offers or suggestions of places I could find these cheap.

Well I did my OW with SSI, so that book isn't useful. I did my AOW and Rescue on a live aboard where they had the books for us to use so I never bought them. I did my Divemaster in 2009 and I have all the books and materials for that, but PADI updated it in 2011 so I need new. And the shop I am doing my IDC with is in Europe and I am American, so buying everything from them would kill me with the exchange rate. Thus, I think my course director will understand about me getting a good deal on books online.

If I were your CD, I personally wouldn't be happy that you didn't buy your materials through the shop you've trained through however.

Come on now, any CD that is grumpy because a student can't afford a pro pack at full retail isn't in touch with the financial realities of today. I sure don't have 1K for books and materials I never use, nor did most of the group I did my IDC with. Our CD actually helped us locate used materials...

Well I did my OW with SSI, so that book isn't useful. I did my AOW and Rescue on a live aboard where they had the books for us to use so I never bought them. I did my Divemaster in 2009 and I have all the books and materials for that, but PADI updated it in 2011 so I need new. And the shop I am doing my IDC with is in Europe and I am American, so buying everything from them would kill me with the exchange rate. Thus, I think my course director will understand about me getting a good deal on books online.

Okay, you have a somewhat unique situation compared to all of the instructor candidates I've worked with over the years.

Come on now, any CD that is grumpy because a student can't afford a pro pack at full retail isn't in touch with the financial realities of today. I sure don't have 1K for books and materials I never use, nor did most of the group I did my IDC with. Our CD actually helped us locate used materials...

I guess I always just saw them as tools of the trade, I wouldn't expect an instructor to be using rental gear either.

Back
Top Bottom