Indian Valley Scuba sails to the Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indian Valley Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Harleysville, Pennsylvania, United States
# of dives
The Maldives Islands offer world class diving and a fantastic liveaboard environment. I am here on a recon trip to set up a Sri Lanka / Maldives trip for Indian Valley Scuba. Click here for our trip report and watch the website for the dates for our return trip.

Nice and detailed trip report...sounds like you had a good trip overall.

At the end though you recommend brining a few bottles of your favorite wine with you. They won't make it through customs...so you are pretty much stuck with what the boats have to offer.
:D

While I would NEVER suggest anything less than proper, you can trust that no one is looking in your gear bags in customs. It is a "rubber stamp" operation. I observed the process with great detail just in case I was thinking of bringing some on my next visit (which I am)

You didn't walk out of that airport without all your bags going through an X-Ray machine.

I can almost guarantee any alcohol you bring to Male' will sit at the airport until you pick it up on your way out.

yep. they x-ray the bags. very slim chance of getting any booze through. i have even had my gear bag opened and randomly searched.

nice trip report though. sounds like an awesome trip. so far have never had a boring day of diving in the Maldives. got to be one of the best places in the world for mantas.

Back
Top Bottom