Mares Vector 1000 vs Mares Dragon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaheksa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello

As I am tired of rental ecquipment I am looking to buy my own.
Which BCD of these two do you recomend?

Mares Dragon MRS
Mares Vector 1000 MRS

Both without the AT system. Dragon looks more comfy but the vector has better D-ring placement ect. Is the Dragon worth the 100€ more or not?

Used to use a V 1000 many many moons ago.....it was a good solid well fitting simple jacket.
Don't buy too big, many BC's run large....the Vector I had was a Small and I'm over 6' tall.

Im going for the Dragon I think because I just like it :D

Used to use a V 1000 many many moons ago.....it was a good solid well fitting simple jacket.
Don't buy too big, many BC's run large....the Vector I had was a Small and I'm over 6' tall.

Hi I also want to buy the dragon but I'm not sure of the size.
I am about 5'10'' and 192lbs (no comments..) So for the height I am thinking the M is better but for the weight I would go for the L...
What do you think?

Hi I also want to buy the dragon but I'm not sure of the size.
I am about 5'10'' and 192lbs (no comments..) So for the height I am thinking the M is better but for the weight I would go for the L...
What do you think?

I decided to buy Mares Dragon but had a tough time choosing which size I should get. Mainly because the size chart for every online shop are different. However, I managed to find a pdf file online that details official size chart for the bcd. Search "mares ergo line" and download the pdf file.

Btw, I'm about 170cm and 70kg. I bought a M size and fits well! I think bcd size vary very much by brand. I saw a M size scubapro bcd and it looks huge!

I love my airtrim system but it freaks my buddy out a bit when we are going to accend or decend and I don't have an inflator hose to raise. There is a bit of a safety issue with the airtrim in that not everyone is familiar with it. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the controls in a controlled environment, preferably a swimming pool. Also, take the time to familiarize your buddy and any potential rescuers with the controls.

Back
Top Bottom