UTD DIR Table

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nielsent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Okay,

So after watch a whole pile of the videos on the UTD website, I have decided that the little black plastic table that AG always has everything on is the coolest thing, its most definitely the doing it right table, or DIRT, as I have now decided to start calling it. I was curious if anyone else knows of this table that I speak of, and I would love to know where you get one.

I am asking this in the DIR forum because i figured that someone here must know the table that i speak of, if this is not forum appropriate, please move as necessary.

Thanks in advance all.

nielsent

Does GUE utilize a similar version? :idk::D

It's popular with all sorts of divers here on the west coast, DIR or otherwise. I'd say it's community-specific rather than agency-specific. It's very useful for setting up doubles, so you tend to see it a lot among the tech/rec-doubles crowd, regardless of agency affiliation.

I am suspicious of anything costing less than $35, which can support me 4ft off the ground. :)

The load is straight-down. If you torque it, or it's not sitting on a flat surface, it can in fact collapse catastrophically :) I've only heard of one such instance locally, when someone set it up on the slope of a sand dune. In general, you have to want to break it in order to do so.

I've used mine for several years; I can sit on it with my doubles and all my weights and it's quite stable.

That's the DIRT I was looking for!!! It's even available where i am! Thanks very much Gombessa!

these tables are great and will hold two complete steel doubles rigs on them no problem.
not the most comfortable way for two people to gear up but it is better than nothing when you're at some sink in the middle of nowhere.

What i really like is that they will fold up and fit in the back of my car. I have tried using other folding workbenches, but so far they all are too big even when folded. Based on the specifications, I am hoping that this will be a better solution.

It's made by Husky, and I think it's called an X-workhorse. It's about $35 at Home Depot (typically in the wood section, for some reason).

Husky X-Workhorse, Power Tool Stand, Heavy Duty Sawhorse and Worktable, Holds 750 Lbs., 23.2 In W x 21.2 in. D x 30.7 in. H - 17185155 at The Home Depot

So, I saw this thread this afternoon, then went directly to Home Depot and bought one. (In the aisle next to saw horses and table saws.) I got it home and promptly cracked the worktop while assembling it. It's a cool little table, and a perfect height for donning gear, but don't apply any pressure out near the edges.

I'm hoping this cracked edge was the result of a defect. Tomorrow the table will be exchanged for a new one. Tests upcoming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom