Haigh Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Will anyone be at Haigh Sunday? Husband will be divemastering. I'll be out there. Anyone need a buddy?

Also, Oct 12th (Sunday) is underwater pumpkin carving. I'll be doing my drysuit class that day, hopefully warm and dry. Is pumpkin carving fun? Seems kind of like one of those things that you try, once. I was thinking of looking for a cheap kids mask and snorkel set to decorate my pumpkin with.

Juls

I was thinking of going. I have a bit of a head cold at the moment so it could be a last minute call.

That Haigh post referrred to last Sunday (the 28th). This Sunday (Oct 5th) a few of will be diving Lake Michigan out of Milwaukee if you care to join us.

Julie

I realized that after my post...I need more coffee....

Give me some details about the dive. I'm newly certified with a total of 6 dives under my belt.

Thanks...

Juls64,
Pumpkin carving is fun.......it's actually more fun when your watching someone carve their first pumpkin underwater! If your looking for a cheap mask, check Franks Nusery and Crafts they were having a closeout on all their seasonal items.

as I will be the one carving my first pumpkin underwater.

SHPWRKDVR- looks like you are kinda new to the board. Do you dive locally? I see from your profile you also have an Akita. We have 2 Akitas. (while I love Boxers, my Akitas would love them as an appetizer).

I will be trying my hand at pumpkin carving, but I will not be doing it dry. The shop did not have any drysuits to fit me. My neck and wrists are too small. I am so bummed out. I guess I have to do the class when I get my own suit that fits me. I tried on like 6 different suits. Nothing fit.

Juls...
Actually I used to have 3 Akitas, now it's down to 2 Boxers and my 13 year old female Akita. Your right about your Akitas having the Boxers for lunch, although my Boxers would rather have dinner; preferably steak!:wink:

I do dive Lake Michigan and if your going out with Jerry and have a small group ask him about taking you out on the Reef Diver instead of the Lender. The Nordic Diver is also good for smaller groups and Bill is able to provide air fills since the boat is equipped with a compressor. It's great not to have to change tanks on a pitching and rolling boat!

Just from being a fly on the wall and reading your postings it sounds like you have a fun group that you go diving with.

Does anyone know of any local search & rescue teams in the Chicagoland area? Perferrably in the far south suburbs or perhaps even over the Indiana border.

Most of the teams that I've found are attached to or part of a police or fire department. I want to check into or maybe putting together a private volunteer Search & Rescue/Recovery Team for the area. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hey fellow dog lover. I sent a picture not too long ago of my Fancy Brindle a few months ago. I took him to the Lake Michigan like I do every morning and run him and I guess he drank or ate something and he passed a couple of weeks ago. It was terrible. Perhaps you saw him in the pic when I sent it. Oh well, such is life. Good Divin, George

Back
Top Bottom