Back from Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBO MD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just returned from Palau and had an amazing time diving with Fish N Fins. Without question, the best diving organization around !
Fish life prolific.
Just wanted to share some photos, (did it as attachments...hope it comes out)

Attachments

• DSC_3484s.jpg
    DSC_3484s.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_3464s.jpg
    DSC_3464s.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_2895s.jpg
    DSC_2895s.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_2580s.jpg
    DSC_2580s.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_3614s.jpg
    DSC_3614s.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_3644s.jpg
    DSC_3644s.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 115
The Mandarin fish is a real beauty, will look better if your take care of that backscatter with PS.

I know, but just arrived so these are "hot off the press" and untouched.
Besides, I'm a real newbie at this so forgive the rustic appearance of any of the shots. This is my third time out with the camera, and I'm still trying to learn about PS: ironically , especially about the backscatter removal. Any hints greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Use the spot healing brush tool, that usually works for me, although it might take about 15 minutes or so. There could be a quicker way, I am sure some of the more experienced PS users will chip in.

Quick 5 min job

Attachments

• DSC_2895mod.jpg
    DSC_2895mod.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 183
Nice. Thanks.
I have to say those little buggers are very hard to catch, so I was really pleased to get this picture.

I would be real happy with that shot too, nice one :D

hello mate

looks like good diving ain palau from the few pics you have posted, i am interested in going to palau at some point can you recomend places to stay as well as dive sites i see you went through fish n fins ,how is the dive center as well as the DM s and instructors als was your trip good value for money ?

sorry for all the questions just like to have some good feed back from other people.

many thanx and happy diving

No problem.
The Bornovski's run a very tight ship which is focused on safety, environmental awareness and good diving. They keep their dive masters to high standards, and no messing around, in terms of rudeness, sloppiness, drinking etc is tolerated at all. The guides know their stuff and are very helpful.
Diving can be land based from their dock; they have about 7 or 8 boats and they do their best to cater to your level of expertise and comfort. I stayed at Palau Pacific Resort, but they can both organize and recommend other places. PPR is just great though.
In addition, I think the best way to get the best diving is by live aboard. Their Ocean Hunter 3 is immaculate, and beautifully appointed. Every convenience has been thought of and it was gutted and rebuilt specifically for diving.
They recently have been exploring the local jungles with ATV's and we spent the day going deep into the jungle. It was amazing. Lot's of WWII wreckage and history, and the time flew by.
I cannot recommend them strongly enough.
Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom