trim weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwayman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I dive with a golum gear bp/w hog rig and I've been noticing that I'm slightly bottom heavy. Any suggestions on how to add trim weights to a setup like this? I looked up on their site and only saw an integrated belt weight setup.

If your weighting is already dialed in, assuming you are diving doubles, moving your tanks bands lower may do the trick...

Also, shorter/larger diameter tanks would help...

Last edited:
If you are leg heavy you may want to put some XS Scuba trim weight pockets on the chest straps of your harness with maybe 2 or 4#. Some people myself included tend to turn turtle when they put trim weights on the cam bands. It moves the center of gravity to high.

4# works for me when I am in my 3 mil shorty in fresh or salt water and my 7 mil Farmer John in cold fresh water with steel tanks.

If you want to experiment you can put a loop of line on pairs different size weights and clip them on with double enders until you find the right pair of weights to use.

How would you keep the pockets from sliding around on a chest strap? They don't look like they have any means to keep them secured? On the tank bands, I can see for sure, but I'm concerned with the turtle issues.

It's no problem making sure the cam band pockets are snuggly up against the backplate/BC before cinching the cam band down. Much less "turtling" effect that way.

Henrik

I put a zip tie though one end of the weight pouch and underneath the webbing between the D ring and the triglide. Keeps it in one place quite well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom