Saint Andrews State Park: Panama City Beach Dredging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FireInMyBones

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Apparently the Army Corp of Engineers will begin dredging soon. I have reservations in late June and no one at the campground knows how the dredging will affect the water quality for diving from the Jetty. Any offshore diving I am sure will be fine, but for shore diving, I am concerned.
I am also not fond of the idea of loads of equipment making noise as I try to rest and relax in the campground.

Does anyone have any idea how long this will take or the effect on the atmosphere at Saint Andrews?

Typically they are there for 2-3 weeks. It does have a pretty adverse effect on visibility. Count on 5' at best. They only dredge during the day, so it shouldn't affect you at night. It's unfortunate it's happening while you're there, but it is a necessary part of maintaining the jetties.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom