Tortugas Liveaboard schedules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasKaren68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
When will the schedules for what's available for liveaboard trips to the Dry Tortugas in 2012 be out?

I know it's a long way off, but I'm trying to get a vague idea of when I might be able to go.

I know that only about four companies get approval to take customers to the Dry Tortugas each year, and I checked the websites of the ones that had authorization this year and noticed that they don't go each and every week/weekend, and don't have trips listed for 2012.

I also noticed that there are a lot of private charters, and not as many groups booked by dive shops (that I might be able to go on). I really want to visit and hope I can figure out the best way to get there.

Do any of the liveaboards go to Fort Jefferson?

I went out with this op last year on a photography (vs. spear fishing) trip: Dry Tortugas Scuba Diving liveaboard, The Ultimate Getaway. Scuba Dive the Dry Tortugas out of Ft. Myers Florida.

You might want to call the shop or as noted above, the MV Spree operator. Spree Expeditions M/V Spree SCUBA Diving Dry Tortugas, Flower Garden Banks, USS Oriskany

Ultimate Getway did stop by the fort but I am not sure if they do that on the spear fishing trips or not: I doubt it, since you can't fish in the sanctuary and it would likely be out of the way for the boat to stop by the fort while spear fishing outside the sanctuary.

I am sure this is true of the Spree as well, but Ultimate Getaway has several dates that are completely open and aren't reserved by dive shops or for a private charters. Last year, I joined one of the trips that Cap't Rick planned himself.

I enjoyed the trip and will repeat again.

I have heard livaboards have some amazing diving. I am ready. Does anyone have any recommendations about live aboards leaving and returning to the US? Preferrably florida or Alabama. I prefer one that offers cabins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom