ScubaPro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMEpat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hola!

Do any of you crazy kids have an opinion on the ScubaPro Knighthawk? Currently working towards DM and one day hoping to become an instructor and/or czar of scuba diving for a small island nation, so i'm not even sure if a back inflate BCD is the right option.

Much obliged to anyone that responds!

-Patrick

Great BC. Also look at the LiteHawk, compact version of the Knighthawk.

Great BCD! I dove a Knighthawk for many years and still have mine. I personally do not prefer the Air 2 (it does what it's supposed to functionally, but I prefer a non-integrated octo). It's very streamlined for a BCD, comfortable underwater, and very durable (I don't take very good care of my gear).

great bcd! I dove a knighthawk for many years and still have mine. I personally do not prefer the air 2 (it does what it's supposed to functionally, but i prefer a non-integrated octo). It's very streamlined for a bcd, comfortable underwater, and very durable (i don't take very good care of my gear).

this +1

As a dive guide,I have used the Scubapro Knighthawk for over ten years. (2000+ dives) I do have the Air/2 plus Mk25/S600/R395 req's. Never had a problem with this back inflate "jacket". Three dumps, (2) pockets,and several "D" rings accompliments this great workhorse.

"living life without ahard bottom"
KT

knighthawk, balance, seahawk, dimension, tortuga, excursion, ex200....all good back inflates.

I was going to sell mine when I bought my Transplate and Wing but just could not part with it!

Does everything I require of it comfortably and not cluttered in front. The 46lb lift is a bit much for my current needs though.

Mine has the Air-2.

I would recommend the Seahawk over the Knighthawk for an instructor because of the pockets. I dive a Knighthawk, and while I'm generally very happy with it, the pockets are lousy. Some of the instructors at my LDS dive the Seahawk, and they say the pockets work well for them while instructing, and they find it very comfortable for full weekends of class. I'd recommend test diving both (and maybe the Litehawk) if that's an option for you.

Good luck w/ the decision,
Colin

I would recommend the Seahawk over the Knighthawk for an instructor because of the pockets.

While I am not an instructor, I was going to buy a new Knighthawk until one of the local Scubapro dealers told me to take a good look at the Seahawk and I did. The pockets are much more functional and the fit was great! I'm sure either would make you a great BC but I'd buy a Seahawk if I were you. Excellent quality as well.

Posters and ScubaBoard Crazies,

Cannot thank you all enough for the advice and recommendations! I'm headed off to the local ScubaPro outlet here in PDC to test out a few of their BCDs. Sounds like I really can't go wrong with ScubaPro (durability, comfort, etc.), which is a huge relief. Used a Knighthawk for my OW, but felt silly as it kept throwing my face into the water. Should be a little bit better now with some dives under my belt. Gonna check out the Seahawk as well.

Thanks again!

-Patrick

Back
Top Bottom