Zeagle Express Tech, Cheaper Wing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaWulf

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New diver here certified in Feb. Purchased Zeagel ET from LDS. Had to be ordered. Came in with 34 lb all elastic wing with one bottom dump versus the 24 lb wing with two bottom dumps they show. Looks to me like they are switching it out for a cheaper wing. Only thing I've read about an all elastic so far is that they puncture easier. Wanted to ask the experienced divers here what there opinions are on the switch out of wings. Good, bad, indifferent? Won't be diving caves anytime soon but may hit a wreck or two down the road. Also plan on diving reservoirs once it warms up more here in Colorado.

Thanks.

Appreciate the reply. Since I had to buy this without being able to see one first I had nothing to compare it to. Was worried about durability. I must say I really, really like the design of this Express Tech. I picked it up Tuesday from my LDS, put it together there in the shop and jumped into their pool. I've been in there three times already working on adjusting the straps and my trim. Will probably hit the pool a couple or three times this week also working more on trim, buoyancy and general usage of my equipment. Doing my first real dives out in Hawaii in about a week!

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom