GoPro Camera on Goodman Handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sink-er-swim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone attempted to mount a GoPro camera on their goodman handle? If you have, was it successful? I'd like to give it a shot, the idea being anything that I point my light at will be recorded. What are your thoughts?

Im posting this question in the Tec forum because I'd like to keep the topic specific to a goodman handle. Feel free to move this thread if I'm off base. Thanks. -Greg

I've seen them stuck on their own goodman handle with a good deal of success. I imagine if you wanted to piggyback it on your light head it'd be just as good, if a bit bulky.

I like the idea more compact and steady. I've been clipping my sealife to mine, mostly so i wont lose it, and leaving running, it bounces around a bunch then when i see something i steady it up and cut it out later to video clips. Let us know how it works out.

Has anyone attempted to mount a GoPro camera on their goodman handle? If you have, was it successful? I'd like to give it a shot, the idea being anything that I point my light at will be recorded. What are your thoughts?

Im posting this question in the Tec forum because I'd like to keep the topic specific to a goodman handle. Feel free to move this thread if I'm off base. Thanks. -Greg

I have no experience with this camera but I really like the idea. Please post one of your videos if you get a chance. I'd like to see it in action.

I've used a contourHD mounted on a soft handle in shallow water (with ample ambient light) and it took decent video. That same camera is now mounted to a Goodman handle but I don't believe it's seen any use yet. Best bet is probably off-axis lighting or ambient light. I've never tried mounting the camera and an active light on the same handle though, seems like that is kind of the antithesis of good underwater lighting.

re: contour H2Ov mount it on a baseplate and put some arms on it is the best bet. the backscatter when its mounted directly on the camera is unacceptable. second best (and smaller package size) mount it on any goodman handle, and get a second acrylic base and put a single lockline arm and a sola 600 or some such light... get it off the camera :) (or have your buddies light things up for you) :)

see ideas about halfway down the page.

Emerald Diving: H2OV

Thanks for the suggestions. Im going to play around with a couple of mounts and let you know what worked the best!

Hey Sink-er-swim,

Did you ever try this? I was thinking of doing the same, putting the go-pro on top of the light-head, but now this thread has me wondering if that's a bad idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom