Review for Cressi Aquaride BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nomro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All ,

Finally I got to try my new Cressi Aquaride BCD on a 4 day wreck diving trip on a liveaboard in the red sea for max testing conditions.

Style :
The BCD is a typical Jacket BCD with most of the air distributed at the sides (pockets area)

Weight system :
Integrated system is a bliss , it works great , very easy to go . it could take 2 weight blocks for each pocket , with max 4 Kg in each pocket (they say 4.5 Kg in the manual but I can't see how)

The weight pockets are easy to handle, you can take them out of the BCD in the water (if you are trying to board a zodiac after a dive etc...), they never fell out no matter your position in the water , I can't see how they could fall. They just work great.

It is advisable to place the pocket in the BCD before wearing to make sure that they clicked correctly and it is easier to do so anyway .

The trim weight pockets on the rear of the BCD are great for weight distribution .

Accessories and accessories pockets :
- 2 good sized zippered pockets for accessories.
- 4 large pre bent metal D rings that could take a load of accessories.
- 2 small metal D rings for octopus and guage clips etc.

Tank straps :
normal standard design that holds the tank firmly.

Plenty of padding for your back , makes diving a lot more comfortable. No back pain etc...

Lift capacity :
Average lift capacity , keeps your head out of the water when surfacing . Though it keep just your head and part of your shoulders out . (not a plus for that BCD but not a down too).

It is also a BCD for travel with better lift capacity than the Cressi travel lite.

It is cost effective , so for what you pay you get all the options for high end BCDs for cheap price , with the performance of an average BCD.

I would recommend it if you are looking for a cheap BCD with tons of options. Overall I'm happy with it.

Best regards
Mohamed El Nomrossy

Please feel free to add your comments/feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom