1918 Schrader Mark V Diving Helmet, Suit & Access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have a Schrader Mark V suit complete with helmet boots etc. The plate reads: US Navy Diving Helmet - Mark V No. 165 - A Schrader & Sons - Mod#1 - Apr 3 1918. The suit is in non usable condition.

You can view the photos of everything that is for sale here:

Will accept best offer and will arrange for local pick up only. I am in Nassau County on Long Island NY. You can reach me (Jim) at 516-376-9389.

Price?

No offense, but there is an entire counterfeit operation for those things, since most of them are very expensive.

Be very sure you know what you are looking for, and what you are looking at.

I also find it odd that this is almost word for word from a 7 year old post on a different forum.

Cool!!!

A few typical questions:
What size are the Rock Boots??
When was it last serviced?
Are the seals still good?
Does the light still work?

And 1918... hmmm.
It still has 7 years left on the warranty right??!!
:rofl3:

Seriously it looks nice - good luck!

No offense, but there is an entire counterfeit operation for those things, since most of them are very expensive.

Be very sure you know what you are looking for, and what you are looking at.

I also find it odd that this is almost word for word from a 7 year old post on a different forum.

This is why I posted on a scuba forum and not craigslist, etc. It's authentic. It was purchased from an elderly woman whose husband was a Navy diver.

The older post was also mine when I was trying to get some info on what the value of this helmet and gear was for insurance purposes.

Thanks!

I have a Schrader Mark V suit complete with helmet boots etc. The plate reads: US Navy Diving Helmet - Mark V No. 165 - A Schrader & Sons - Mod#1 - Apr 3 1918. The suit is in non usable condition.

You can view the photos of everything that is for sale here:

Will accept best offer and will arrange for local pick up only. I am in Nassau County on Long Island NY. You can reach me (Jim) at 516-376-9389.

How much are you asking for the helmet?

Give to a dive, or other museum, possibly from where you are with info on the diver. You will get a right off that will probably pay pretty good come tax time.

Tiger woods has a new bachelor pad on the water, give him an email, he could use it to save from a golf club to the head every now and then.

Kick suit set up ya got there, you need a couple more screws in the top of the lamp before you take it down under.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom