90 Degree Versus 70 Degree

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba127

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've noticed that Dive Rite offers both 90 degree and 70 degree regulator swivels. Why is this? Is one superior to the other, and, if so, why? Thanks in Advance.

My guess... Short hose vs Long hose, they'll curl around different from your mouth to your tank.

Oh, and personal preference, some people are just different.

I've noticed that Dive Rite offers both 90 degree and 70 degree regulator swivels. Why is this? Is one superior to the other, and, if so, why? Thanks in Advance.
Not intending to hijack, but; where can one find 90 degree reg fittings without having to pay nearly $40?:(

Not a problem Isquid. As long as we're talking about this, does anyone have a cheaper source for miflex hoses?

not really short vs. long as with short hose routing traditionally the adapters make them very uncomfortable. 70's are nice when you have hoses running up to your mouth from under your shoulder. I.e. sidemount, AGA's, etc. I use a 70/120 adapter when I'm in open water backmount because I run a 40" hose under my right shoulder so it works much better that way, and have a 90* on the octopus with a real short hose to keep everything nice and tucked it. Like said earlier, it's a personal preference.
Nylon Double Braided Low Pressure Hoses
there's reg hoses and they have the rest of them in there too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom