BHB collection/protection discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trident00

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Cave Diver:
This discussion has been split from the Sagas of the BHB thread. Since it holds some importance to a lot of people, but was a rather heated sidetrack to the original thread we have decided to move it, rather than delete it. Please keep the discussion civil.

I have dove the BHB a few times. I have never seen the sea horses. I would love to. We are headed out to LBTS this coming weekend with a stop at BHB probably for sunday. If anyone would be willing to private me info on the seahorses, I would be grateful. Please sont public post it. I know the numbers have dwindled in the past.

Cheers, Walt

Last edited by a moderator:
I have dove the BHB a few times. I have never seen the sea horses. I would love to. We are headed out to LBTS this coming weekend with a stop at BHB probably for sunday. If anyone would be willing to private me info on the seahorses, I would be grateful. Please sont public post it. I know the numbers have dwindled in the past.

Cheers, Walt

Agreed.

There are collectors that watch this site.

Agreed.

There are collectors that watch this site.

Just had a thought...if you or I see a collector going after a fish, what prevents us from deciding "we" want the same fish....of course, our collection skills may be poor, but I doubt that there is law or policy on two collectors fighting over the same fish.....
Maybe we do have recourse :D

Just had a thought...if you or I see a collector going after a fish, what prevents us from deciding "we" want the same fish....of course, our collection skills may be poor, but I doubt that there is law or policy on two collectors fighting over the same fish.....

I say a perfect time to kneel on the bottom and practice our skills.

I mean I really like that. Maybe others of like mind may as well.

I'm thinking though..I'm not very good at collecting. I might scare the animal off. Maybe silt the area in my excitement.

I like the idea, too. Nobody who knows me wouldn't believe I just klutzed all over someone's collecting efforts while trying to be "helpful." And if the collector is a really hot looking girl, then just like the ducks .... maybe we weren't fighting?

Wow! Beautiful shots of Baby Daddy!!! If I hadn't seen him just as poochie over a month ago I'd swear he was pregnant. (I still think we should keep an eye on him).

Not so sure it will matter. Noticed more than one group of divers carrying Tupperware yesterday. . .

Kevin

Not so sure it will matter. Noticed more than one group of divers carrying Tupperware yesterday. . .

Kevin

Oh no! Say it ain't so! I'll pray to the sea gods may their masks always be foggy, may their o-rings always blow ... (or at least send a bunch of students their way) :praying:

Here is Baby Daddy yesterday courtesy of Fisheye and my blurry photo from March 8, exactly a month ago. His belly is definitely distended in both but it hasn't changed much.

View attachment 92575 View attachment 92576

Attachments

• DSC_3116.jpg
    DSC_3116.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1725.jpg
    IMG_1725.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 58
Oh no! Say it ain't so! I'll pray to the sea gods may their masks always be foggy, may their o-rings always blow ... (or at least send a bunch of students their way) :praying:

Here is Baby Daddy yesterday courtesy of Fisheye and my blurry photo from March 8, exactly a month ago. His belly is definitely distended in both but it hasn't changed much.

View attachment 92575 View attachment 92576

Saw him swimming freely around the north corner of his usual structure. Was able to point him out to a divemaster and his group of students. Noticed that most all of the sponges he usually hangs on are now missing. :depressed:

Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom