Greetings from Oakland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fabs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi NorCal divers! I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to you. I'm a beginning diver and hope to get my OW and rescue diver certifications in May. I'm taking the scuba class at Cal and we are doing our ocean dives in Monterey. We had our first ocean dive about 3 weeks ago at the breakwater. We only had about 5 ft of visibility but I really enjoyed it. Once I get my OW certification I am excited to start diving at different dive sites in the area and I will be looking for dive buddies that don't mind taking a rookie along with them :D

Hi! :wavey:

Very exciting! I've learned a lot here, I'm sure you will as well!

One question...seeing as your from Oakland, you wouldn't happen to be a Raiders fan, are you? :)

Hi! :wavey:

Very exciting! I've learned a lot here, I'm sure you will as well!

One question...seeing as your from Oakland, you wouldn't happen to be a Raiders fan, are you? :)

There are a lot of us that are. I'm not from Oakland, but I've been a Raiders fan since I was a little guy.

Since you're from Missouri, I'm sure that you're a Chiefs fan - especially gathering from yer Avatar. If this wasn't a Scuba board, I'd say, "let the trash talk begin." :D

And for the OP, welcome to SB and to the Norcal section... Like Jen said, I've learned a lot here as well.

There are a lot of us that are. I'm not from Oakland, but I've been a Raiders fan since I was a little guy.

Since you're from Missouri, I'm sure that you're a Chiefs fan - especially gathering from yer Avatar. If this wasn't a Scuba board, I'd say, "let the trash talk begin." :D

And for the OP, welcome to SB and to the Norcal section... Like Jen said, I've learned a lot here as well.

Go Raiders!

Oh...Welcome aboard.

-Mitch

*ahem* Go Chiefs!

You're right Tracy, this is a fun and friendly environment. And a great place to meet people to dive with, no matter your football team affiliation. :wink:

We only had about 5 ft of visibility but I really enjoyed it. Once I get my OW certification I am excited to start diving at different dive sites in the area and I will be looking for dive buddies that don't mind taking a rookie along with them :D
Hey with 5ft of vis and a smile on your face, you are going to fit right in here :D

YEAH 49'ers!

Welcome to the Norcal section Fabs!

Welcome!

With only 5' of viz on your first OW dives, it'll all be gravy from here!

Hi NorCal divers! I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to you. I'm a beginning diver and hope to get my OW and rescue diver certifications in May. I'm taking the scuba class at Cal and we are doing our ocean dives in Monterey. We had our first ocean dive about 3 weeks ago at the breakwater. We only had about 5 ft of visibility but I really enjoyed it. Once I get my OW certification I am excited to start diving at different dive sites in the area and I will be looking for dive buddies that don't mind taking a rookie along with them :D

Hi Nor Cal Kelp Divers :) I didn't feel like creating a brand new thread to say hi, so I thought I'd say "Hi" here too!

My name's Matt and I'm new to scubaboard as well as the wonderful world of diving. I'm in the same PE class as Fabs and we have our next OW class dive next weekend in Monterey (ocean conditions permitting). I'm looking forward to learning a lot here and being a part of the diving community!

Also... on a football note, Go Bears! (Cal Bears that is...) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom