Apeks WTX3 or WTX4 for single tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColdH2O

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the Apeks WTX harness already and was looking at which wing to get. I see that they say the WTX4 will work with a single, but is there any wrap around issues with it? Would a person be better of with a WTX3, will probly use a X8-119 tank. I realize the 3 is a dounut style and the 4 is horseshoe, is this a factor to consider also?

I've got the WTX3 it's a big doughnut. I was surprised when I pulled it out of the packaging. I've dove it for over a year now and I'm more than happy with it. I also have the WTX6 for tech.
I was recently down at the London Dive Show and had the chance to see the WTX4 up close, while it is 'technically' capable of being used with a single, it's size would be more suited to a set of small twins (7ls). I would say there may be a fair amount of taco-ing on a single cylinder.

Not to hijack the thread but I actually have the same question.
I bought a WTX system at a local dive shop, I have not assembled it yet.
It came with a WTX4 wing and I dive with an al80, so that might be a problem.
Do you think the "tacoing" will be too extreme?

I should also mention I am a student and have no money, so a fix for using the 4 would be appreciated. Otherwise I might get a HOG wing.

I have the 3 and 4. For a single tank 80cf - 120cf, the 3 is the better choice. The 4 is a nice small wing for doubles if you are not starting too negative. The 6 or 6r for heavy tech rigs.

Scott

I dive a WTX3 using a 7mil and LP108, and it is great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom