diving sites/ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs. K

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if there is a better place please let me know.

We will be in Florida in Nov. We will be in Jacksonville, Orlando (Disney world) and then Venice. I would love to sneak some diving in during our trip at or near any of those locations. But I will have my daughter with me, who turns 10 in Sept and plans to be certified by Nov. So the dives have to be with a 40 ft max depth. And preferably warm. And I need decent viability. I am confident I will be comfortable with her in the water, and I have plenty of experience and feel like I will be able to watch her air, and keep her safe. But still I would prefer to go with a "shop" or a DM lead dive. Any suggestions?

Florida weather in Nov is a bit iffy...Ocean usually get's blown out and the water temps take a dramatic drop. Best bet are the Florida Springs when you in the Jacks/Orlando area. Water temps in the springs will be in the 70 to 75 zone and the depths very selectable.

Joe

Venice probably isn't the best choice. There are a lot more days of bad vis than good. Probably not the greatest dive for someone just starting out. I agree that the springs would be nice and easy. This probably won't fit into your time frame but the obvious choice would be Key Largo (i'm sure you've thought of this) but it's warm, clear, 30 feet deep inside the reef and tons of stuff to see. Lots of professional shops too. You're daughter would love it if is was at all possible.

Florida weather in Nov is a bit iffy...Ocean usually get's blown out and the water temps take a dramatic drop. Best bet are the Florida Springs when you in the Jacks/Orlando area. Water temps in the springs will be in the 70 to 75 zone and the depths very selectable.

Joe

Can you recommend a shop or a DM that could lead a dive in the springs. What I have found is cave diving info, and that is far too advanced for my daughter. And I would really want a DM with us who knows the area.

Venice probably isn't the best choice. There are a lot more days of bad vis than good. Probably not the greatest dive for someone just starting out. I agree that the springs would be nice and easy. This probably won't fit into your time frame but the obvious choice would be Key Largo (i'm sure you've thought of this) but it's warm, clear, 30 feet deep inside the reef and tons of stuff to see. Lots of professional shops too. You're daughter would love it if is was at all possible.

I looked into Key Largo. It is just too far. If anything we could pop down there the day before we leave, but that wouldn't work, due to the flying so close to diving. I would love to go there, but just no time this trip.

ginnie springs or any of the other springs. low stress dives b/c of infinite visibility. our shore diving that time of the year is unrealiable. might be able to do a fun gulf dive?!?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom