Key Largo - Bayside op trip times?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heydn62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Where do boats on the bayside pass through the keys to the ocean? Is the trip time out to the reef considerably longer for some of these ops?

Well in Key Largo there is only one bayside op and that is IslandVentures. No the trip is not any longer. Where they leave the canal the leads to the atlantic is only a few 1000 feet south of there dock. Since there a little further north then the 50 boats at mile marker 100 the have quicker access to the reefs that the boats don't usually go to. They are a lot nicer and full of life and not beat up like say dryrocks or molasses reef.

There is more than one op on the bayside. Amy slates,Pirate divers and Island ventures.
The trip is about and additional 20-25 minutes thru Adams Cut and South sound creek.
I would put Molasses reef up against any reef in the Keys but that is my 2 cents.(Going there today)

There is more than one op on the bayside. Amy slates,Pirate divers and Island ventures.
The trip is about and additional 20-25 minutes thru Adams Cut and South sound creek.
I would put Molasses reef up against any reef in the Keys but that is my 2 cents.(Going there today)

i second that(lets not forget quiescence!)(especially reguarding molasses reef)!!!

reefman
key largo

The Marvin D. Adams waterway is around MM 103.5, more or less in the middle of Largo Sound. The effect of the waterway is not as important as the North/South location vs. the desired dive site. The further south diveops at MM100 oceanside will get to the southern sites much more quickly. The bayside dive op will probably be faster to the northern sites than the MM100 guys.

Just kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride out. Pick your dive op for other reasons.

Well I perfer Elbow reef, and train wheels. Those reef dont see near as many as the lump of crap they call molasses. I dive key largo a lot and been to many of the reefs.

I forgot all about Pirate Divers. I dont use them ever.

Quiescence I knew they were on the bayside(services our gear) but I thought their boat was docked on the Oceanside. Were you at Molasses today it was fantastic!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...2-some-pix-molasses-reef-today-4-17-11-a.html

your'e killing me!! it's been terrific all week and i'm laying low recovering from a upper respiratory bacterial infection aquired on last months trip to the philippines(arrived home 4/4). of course i waited 10 days before seeing a doctor! not so smart! hope to get out later this week after the winds subside,,,,,

reefman
key largo

your'e killing me!! it's been terrific all week and i'm laying low recovering from a upper respiratory bacterial infection aquired on last months trip to the philippines(arrived home 4/4). of course i waited 10 days before seeing a doctor! not so smart! hope to get out later this week after the winds subside,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I hope you feel better

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom