SR1+ High Performance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Devil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Can any rep from sherwood tell me if all the SR1 regs are going to be the new streamline SR1+ versions or will you still be selling both models ? I just purchased a new SR1 reg and saw on the sherwood site the new streamline version. My dealer tells me this new version has many problems. What is sherwoods stand on this ?

Mr. Devil,
The SR1 is available in yoke SRB1000, DIN SRB1000D or the alternate hose routing of the SR1+ SRB1000H. None of these versions has had extensive problems, but as you will see from other Scubaboard posts, there have been issues that have all been resovled. Thanks for contacting Sherwood.

So Im still unclear about a few things.
1. Are they going to continue selling both SR1 And SR1+ models or will they fade out the older style for the new SR1+ with the streamline hoses ? Reason I ask is I just bought the SR1 and if they are going to the new SR1+'s in the near future then I will ask my rep to trade them out.

2. Are the components in the first stage the same or did they have to change something in order to get the streamlines hoses ?

Here are answers to your questions:

1. We are currently selling both the SR1 & the SR1+. The SR1+ was added based on demand. We will continue to sell it if it is accepted in the marketplace, but as with any product, if the sales are not there, we will not continue to sell it. There is only one piece that makes it the + and that is the 1105-24H, the Hammerhead port swivel.

2. The components are exactly the same except for the swivel. The standard turret style part # is the 1105-24 and the + version is the 1105-24H.

Mr. Devil,
The SR1 is available in yoke SRB1000, DIN SRB1000D or the alternate hose routing of the SR1+ SRB1000H. None of these versions has had extensive problems, but as you will see from other Scubaboard posts, there have been issues that have all been resovled. Thanks for contacting Sherwood.

If the cold water free flow problem with the SR1 has been "resolved" that would be news to me! I would like to know how this was accomplished (I hope it's not the detune instructions that you sent me).

Last edited:
CMAN: Our answer to Mr. Devil was an attempt to clarify why we have the different versions of the SR1 in yoke, DIN and Plus versions and that no one of these versions had any particular design problems and that was not why we were coming out with a new design. In the original post, he states he has heard the new version has had many problems and this is not true.

We were not addressing specific issues that have occured during some deep, cold water dives that you may have read about or been involved in.

You are the one that stated "ALL" issues have been resolved, I simply would like to know what has been done to resolve the freeflow issue?

CMAN: We are working with anyone that has free flow issues or any other issue. If you still have an issue, let us help you resolve it. Feel free to email us throught the Sherwood site or send us a private message. We have been in contact with the store that you dive with and look forward to helping you get your issue resolved.

Back
Top Bottom