nuclear waste and north ca diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svracing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all,

How are we feeling about the future of California diving? The models that show radioactive waste floating over here give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. But not the good kind. Are they just blowing it out of proportion for ratings? or is there a possibility we will be glowing at a proportional rate to the amount of time we dive?

And when should we stop eating Pacific fish?

Side note - Dove Monestary on the 17th. What a beautiful dive. It would be sad to lose that.

James
Hayward

How old are you? If you were around between 1945 and the early 70's do you want to know how much you already have been exposed too?

So far any releases will be so diluted that you would get a higher dose stoping for lunch down wind of a coal fired power plant.

How old are you? If you were around between 1945 and the early 70's do you want to know how much you already have been exposed too?

Heh heh, too young for that. I guess I don't want to know. In 1983, the environment was perfect, nothing wrong with air or water.... repeat repeat repeat...

One of the *nice* things about radioactive materials is that they are relatively easy to measure in concentrations that are really, really diluted. If you are concerned about radiation that is measureable, but considered insignificant for human health, then you should be aware that bananas are high in potasium, including the radioactive potasium-40 isotope.

Go diving and don't worry.

:cheers:

I would stop if during a night dive the water glows more than your flashlight...

Back
Top Bottom