Crazy Devices - Anyone Want To Share About A Cool Toy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uzbeckin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was bored at work the other day... which seems to happen quite often these days and I noticed an advertisement for an "Aqua Scooter" - "the only fully submersible gas powered scooter". It seems the device has a snorkel pole and has been around for some 30 years. It said it could go nearly 10 miles on a tank of gas and at a speed of 8 mph. The stats - although I didn't believe them - it peaked my interest.

I started to wonder who had one - so I went to youtube. :popcorn: Aside from my initial disgust of seeing some dude in speedo's putting one in the water :shakehead:- there were several posts of people who had one and showed it pulling them - one guy was half out of the water and it was still pulling fairly quickly. Not quite sure what to make of the "speed ratings" of the device, but it looks interesting.

I then started to think if this could be rigged up with a dive float and some other stuff to pull me out to the site and then sit on the top of the water while I do my thing. :eyebrow: Then I saw someone with a vid on youtube doing just that. They had a gps strapped to the snorkel and a dive float behind it on the surface just chillin.

So while I was here at work - I was just wondering if there are any other cool devices that I don't know about. Also - let us know your review of the device - maybe we can find it on ebay.

Have a question about a device you saw? For example - anyone tried out the cayman sub scooter?

Made a cool Mod to a device and want to share?

Why not post it here so we all can try it out.

I was just wondering if there are any other cool devices that I don't know about.... Made a cool Mod to a device and want to share? Why not post it here so we all can try it out.

Are you familiar with the DOL-Fin monofoil? It is a monofin for scuba diving that actually works with scuba equipment. Its high thrust efficiency allows divers to cover large distances at high speeds similar to when using a DPV, but it does it without any batteries. It weighs about 3.5 pounds which makes it easy to travel with and operates hands free in the water. There are several versions of this available and more still under development. Their website is Smith Aerospace - Home, and they are made in America. :D

There is a YouTube video of it here (the scuba part of the video is near the end of the stream): YouTube - DOL-Fin Haze

I have an Aquaglider on Maui that I am trying to sell if you are interested or know someone interested in it? Google Aquaglider for some pictures or contact me and I can give you the info on it. I can carry 3 scuba divers with or without gear. Regulators are built in but scuba divers can wear their own equipment as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom