dove lake natomas this week.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JQuesada

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
finally got to get wet this week. although there is not much to see at willow creek in lake natomas, it is still fun. there is line that another local diver laid out as a path to follow which details a tricycle and eventually some rock formations. lots of crayfish, dive partner saw a single fish that probably measured 2 inches lol. the water was 8 foot vis and 45 degrees F at 33'. i will be diving here a bit this year with some mesh bags because there is simply too much trash down there. this isnt a very interesting dive and i have no pics or video but i felt like sharing :)

not a problem at all! my gf and i dont mind more dive buddies :) my school semester ends in late may so june and july on tuesdays or thursdays will be the likely days that ill be diving. ill have to recheck as time goes on for my work schedule but we will figure it out.

I haven’t dove that spot yet, the place I do my practice/test dives is Negro Bar right before the Rainbow bridge. Some real nice rocks you can go down and between and depending on the time of the year you can hit 40ft. or more. The only bad part about the dive is the flow from the dam. If the flow is running the current is a bit too much.

Next time you go post or send a message I have some Diveyaks and am always looking for a reason to get wet.

finally got to get wet this week. although there is not much to see at willow creek in lake natomas, it is still fun. there is line that another local diver laid out as a path to follow which details a tricycle and eventually some rock formations. lots of crayfish, dive partner saw a single fish that probably measured 2 inches lol. the water was 8 foot vis and 45 degrees F at 33'. i will be diving here a bit this year with some mesh bags because there is simply too much trash down there. this isnt a very interesting dive and i have no pics or video but i felt like sharing :)

Is there an entry point for Willow creek, or do you do the surface swim from Negro Bar?

Also, this is the creek that goes under Hwy 50 near the Folsom Automall, correct? If you enter near there, where do you park to get in and suit up?

Thanks!

willow creek recreational park has a parking lot with tables and benches that we use to suit up. surface swimming from negro bar would be miserable lol. i take 50 towards tahoe, get off on folsom blvd turn left, the entrance is near iron point but inaccessible from the direction your going so i make a u-turn at blue ravine road and just head back towards it. google maps is also a great map reference for it, just type in willow creek recreational area, fair oaks,ca. should pop right up :D average of there are 3 bouys visible from shore. the first bouy depth averages 16-22 feet the second bouy area if you follow the laid line that is down there(we had to look a little before we found it) can take you to 33-35 feet. its a fun get wet dive :) not sure about the third bouy, never swam to it.

Back
Top Bottom