HTS 2 w/ S25 Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divesergeant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

Mrs DS is wanting a light travel rig. She likes the looks of the HTS and S25 wing. She has tried my DSS kydex plate w/ 17lbs wing and liked it, but isn't really ready for the full BP/W thing. The Hollis is kind of a compromise.

Diving for us is tropical, (Caribbean islands exclusively, from Cayman to Bonaire). She usually wears a light 1.5mil full suit, or a 3/2 suit if it is chilly.

Anyone have experience with this Hollis system in similar diving?

Thanks,
JB

I have the exact same setup, its not very light but it does pack well and would work for everything you describe....it might also be kinda overkill for everything you describe but sounds like your looking for BP/W and are dead on with it being a compromise. The integrated weight pockets also add a ton of size to the setup but without a STA or BW it does roll up well.

Thanks Superspeed. She's looking at this and at the DiveRite TRanspac and Scubapro XTec. She's replacing her Oceanic Hera full BCD so anything we get short of having a SS backplate will be a weight savings!

Thanks again!
DS

Thanks Superspeed. She's looking at this and at the DiveRite TRanspac and Scubapro XTec. She's replacing her Oceanic Hera full BCD so anything we get short of having a SS backplate will be a weight savings!

Thanks again!
DS
Take a look at the zeagle express tech. Nearly as versatile as a BPW and retails around 250.

Barely 2 lbs according to my marginally accurate luggage scale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom