Orf 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the banner ad for the ORF 2011 conference . . . and as it offered CME credits, and was in West Palm (where I thought the diving was wonderful) I investigated further

diving

ORF2011 has arranged diving excursions with Motion Watersports. Depending on the number of participants, we’ll be looking to have both morning and afternoon diving, so participants can enjoy the other activities of the day, including golf, health spa, or simply relaxing by the pool.

Each boat that can accommodate 30 people will leave from Palm Beach inlet
Everyone that wants to participate needs to be certified and have their cards on them
Cost will be $250 per person for 3 hours, including diving equipment

Looking at the Motion Watersports website, I don't see that these guys offer diving normally at all . . . and $250 for a boat trip is more than twice what I paid for charters in February. Not to mention that a boat that can accomodate 30 divers sounds dubious.

Anybody with any experience with this shop, or feedback on dive trips on their boats?

That's three times what I pay for a two tank boat dive in HAWAII... Who would want to know them?

Are you kidding me, 250.00 for 3 hours on a boat :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

You can join the SB Cozumel Invasion for 850.00 and dive all week.

ScubaBoard Invades Cozumel 2011 package details

June 12th - 19th, 2011 Sunday to Sunday

Diving Package includes Tanks & Weights,
5 - 2 Tank Morning and 4 - 1 Tank Afternoon Boat Dives

7 Nights Hotel, All Meals, Unlimited Bar & Diving package
$1025 Single Ocp. , $850 Double Ocp. , $815 Triple Ocp.

Non Diver Rate, Doubl Ocp. Hotel, All Meals & Unlimited Bar
$505 per person

Children Rate, up to 2 Children 12 and under, Stay and Eat Free
With 2 Paid Adults per room

Welcome Tank for Shore Diving

Private Cocktail Party

Private Group Dinner and Group Picture

All Taxes included (except Departure Tax and Daily Marine Park Fee)

That's three times what I pay for a two tank boat dive in HAWAII... Who would want to know them?

Perhaps an error? Maybe $250 for 3 days?

I doubt it's an error. I also notice that conference attendees can play golf at the Atlantis Country Club for just $75 a round (though the club's website says summer rates for walk-ins are $49).

I saw the banner ad for the ORF 2011 conference . . . and as it offered CME credits, and was in West Palm (where I thought the diving was wonderful) I investigated further

Looking at the Motion Watersports website, I don't see that these guys offer diving normally at all . . . and $250 for a boat trip is more than twice what I paid for charters in February. Not to mention that a boat that can accomodate 30 divers sounds dubious.

Anybody with any experience with this shop, or feedback on dive trips on their boats?

Yes, when the conference organizers were originally scoping out pre-event activity including the diving excursion, we were going to use a diving company affiliated to our event venue, The Ritz-Carlton. ORF2011, have subsequently realized that the prices are excessive when compared to other diving charter companies in the area. We now have an alternative company at a much cheaper rate called Little Deeper Charters. If you are interested, please email jphillips@orf2011.com.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom