Diving in Monterey this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divemaster-bob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to Monterey this weekend doing a Saturday dive off the beach at the Butterfly house in Carmel. We have an extra DiveYak so if anyone would like to join us drop me a message or just replay to this post. There’s a great kelp forest there within 50 yard of the shore, plan on two dives. Sunday we will be diving off of the Monterey bay express so this will only be for a Saturday dive.

Hope you all can join us
Divemasterbob

Did you say DiveYak? I can't make it this weekend because I'll be out of town. However, I'm looking for folks who are interested in kayak diving - my regular yak diving buddy moved away last year so I haven't been out on the yak in tooooo long.

pm sent

Last edited:
Well Jefmichaud Yak diving is lots of fun and I'm always looking for new people to dive with. Please add me to your friends list I'm also working on doing the facebook thing to let people know when I'm heading to the water so I can get groups together, but I'm not there yet. Funny though I'm a computer guy you would think I would be all over that.

Hi Bob,
Still have space for an extra? I'd love to join you.

How was/is it out there?

This morning at Hopkins it was pretty snotty with about 10' vis and 48˚, with a few jellies. Two hours later (around 11am) at Erics vis was much better - around 25' - negligible surge, 46˚ and swarms of jellies between 25ft and about 10ft. Fun safety stop! Some rollers but mostly pretty calm. From Eric's we could see surf out toward Coral St.

Sorry I missed you Scribetree you didn’t miss much. Saturday we drove out to the butterfly house took a look and went back to McAbee beach. We took the Yaks out a few hundred yards dropped Anker in 50ft. The diving wasn’t that great vis was 5-8 with a bit of surge cold and bumpy. Sunday was a bit better we dove off of the Express sorry I’m not sure the dive sites but the first dive was 15 ft. vis lots of jellyfish and not much else. The second dive was much better 15-20 ft. vis less surge just a better dive. I’ll post some picks when I get home.

No worries, I had my own misadventure anyhow. I got hit by a car on my motorcycle on Friday coming home from work. Fractured rib and some assorted bumps and bruises (luckily not much else), but it'll be a few weeks before I can comfortably dive again, that's for sure.:( We can rain check it.

Wow I’m sorry to hear that I’m glad everything is ok other than bumps and bruises. I ride every day to work on a VTX 1800 one or two close calls but never been hit.
Here are some of the picks I took.:popcorn:
xZiP0IXeguY220gzwID-dFKGClIrcMvsKQLf_khRIBc

Q440eciYaB_kNnWkVqLx_VKGClIrcMvsKQLf_khRIBc

Bs9E97ZgL2RwjfYOkEbNAVKGClIrcMvsKQLf_khRIBc

R8G6C7Gp9u2QAr727ywSy1KGClIrcMvsKQLf_khRIBc

KcyWM7wuZktu24kSe_iLB1KGClIrcMvsKQLf_khRIBc

OlvWBL_ERPBWjMcXwG6DgVKGClIrcMvsKQLf_khRIBc

Back
Top Bottom