Shark Bite at Phil Foster Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's annoying that we're told nothing of the circumstances of the incident. Wading, swimming, snorkeling, saw & messed with it (unlikely with a 12 foot shark) or presumed unprovoked attack, visibility conditions, spear fishing or not, etc... Wonder what the confidence level is that it's a bull shark, for that matter? Or 12 feet long?

Richard.

It's annoying that we're told nothing of the circumstances of the incident. Wading, swimming, snorkeling, saw & messed with it (unlikely with a 12 foot shark) or presumed unprovoked attack, visibility conditions, spear fishing or not, etc... Wonder what the confidence level is that it's a bull shark, for that matter? Or 12 feet long?

Richard.

We will know all tomorrow...

12 foot *Bull*??

That was one *big* mega-bull... (assuming it was a bull... and assuming it was 12 foot... and assuming it was even a shark...)

I'm a little skeptical of this article. Short on facts and we already know the story has holes in it. Bull sharks don't get THAT big. I doubt the world record is even 12ft. :shakehead:

But I'm sure the guy was bitten by SOMETHING, and I hope he's OK. And I hope the newspaper gets it right tomorrow!

News updated to say diver was spearfishing in the ocean not in the innercoastal. Was bitten on the calf.

I am sure that it "appeared' to be 12 feet long and doubt that this will be updated unless there were in water witnesses other than the diver that was bitten.

The spearfishing does follow more in line with known bite risks than what one might have concluded from the misleading title and content of the first reports.

Well that makes more sense... Man I HATE bullsharks!

He was NOT bitten at PFP he was transported there after the attack for easy ambulance access. Don't really want to run a boat up on the beach you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom