Nomad JT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Here is info I was sent earlier and forgot to add it here. It will not be as versatile as the other nomads.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE...Nomad JT Sidemount Rig

NomadJT.jpg

For purists and hard core sidemount explorers, the Nomad JT is the rig you want to wear. This rig is designed strictly for sidemount diving and will not adapt to doubles or single tanks.

The rig has a 360-degree, 50lb lift wing that gives added lift at the diver's hips/rear which is important for explorers carrying heavy or multiple cylinders.

There are two dumps on the bottom of the wing: one on the lower left and one on the lower right. The added right dump is to accommodate stage bottles that block access to the lower, left dump. The OPV on the top of the wing is tucked inside the wing, facing the diver to avoid becoming a water trap. A thin cord runs from the OPV at the top down the left shoulder via a channel and can be shortened to diver's desired length. This cord is reversible for divers who wish to run it down the right shoulder. Reverse inflation hose is located just above the lower left dump valve and can be attached to the shoulder D or chest strap for streamlining and easy access.

The tank bungees no longer run across the back of the wing and are now attached to daisy chain loops on the inner soft backplate and run across the front of the wing (facing the diver). There are two sets of loops, plus one center loop which gives divers options for lengthening or shortening bungees. Both standard and ring bungees work with the JT.

The harness is a modified Deluxe harness with hardware pivot points at the chest to ensure a proper fit along with a chest strap. The waist strap runs through stainless metal oval loops on the wing to capture the wing and keep it tight to the body. Gone are the quick release buckles on the shoulders as well as the stainless side plates at the waist. The crotch strap runs high on the back of the wing to give attachment points for lights, reels or stage tanks. Otherwise, the back of the Nomad JT is completely clean.

Model No: BC4900

MSRP: $699.00

ETA: In production with first units avail late May.

I see issues just looking at the photo.

I was waiting for your response, Rob. :) Seeing that it is sidemount only, I will probably opt for the original if I decide to get one.

Do tell! :D

I do not understand why they removed the versatility of the XT to make the JT, instead of just adding options to the XT.

couldn't add it to the XT. The transpac won't allow the harness set up like that
Not sure why quite so many dump valves are required... Seems like the one on the inflator side is a bit unnecessary especially since it's a 360 wing. No D-rings on the hips so would have to add those for stage bottles and everything else. I'll stick to my XT...

couldn't add it to the XT. The transpac won't allow the harness set up like that
Not sure why quite so many dump valves are required... Seems like the one on the inflator side is a bit unnecessary especially since it's a 360 wing. No D-rings on the hips so would have to add those for stage bottles and everything else. I'll stick to my XT...

:confused: The transpac won't allow the harness set up like what? :idk:

the JT has a one piece shoulder/waist strap without the metal side plates. The harness is this one
SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Deluxe Harness
instead of the transplate harness. Would have to redo the transpac to allow that type of harness.
The wing change would not really gain a true sidemount diver a whole lot of advantages. You get 360, that's awesome, but that could be done to the existing nomad wing relatively easily. Would take some modifications to the mounting mechanism, but it wouldn't be all that bad. Just a thin tube on the bottom to equalize air. The dump valves are slightly excessive... Especially with a 360 wing. If you're squeezing thru, you dump all the air before you start squeezing to minimize your profile and because you don't need all that much lift anyway... On the original wing the dump on the other side would have been nice so you don't have to adjust vertical to dump the air out, but it's still not all that advantageous IMHO...

I saw a similar proto-type that Lamar was diving. Not sure about all the dumps either, but it was nice not having the plastic clips w/excess webbing hanging off and the whole side and back of the bladder was covered with that heavier material which is also nice. I may be wrong, but I thought the one Lamar was diving had one continuous piece of webbing for the harness and no shoulder pads. For divers that need more weight, the Nomad Weight Plate will not work with this rig. I should be diving it in a couple of weeks during the Tech Tour, I can give some more feedback then.

Why retain the circular bladder when there's no longer need to leave room for back mounted tanks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom