Marathon/Duck Key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Marathon/Duck Key - anyone have suggestions for a CLEAN and CHEAP Motel? I like Mom&Pop places, as long as they're clean.

Welcome (back) to ScubaBoard!

You may want to post your question in the Florida Conch Divers section. I'm sure you'll get tons of recommendations there.

Have fun! Even though I grew up in Florida, I never made it to the Keys until summer before last. Great diving.

There is nothing cheap on Duck Key. The resort there is very, very nice, but it ain't cheap. Three minutes south of Duck Key on US1 is the Pelican Motel. It is cheap and clean. I have stayed there many times as I taught out of Duck Key for years. The only downside is it is really in the middle of nowhere.

In Marathon you might look at the Sea Dell Motel. It is clean, pretty cheap, and within walking distance to several good places to eat and/or have a few drinks. The Black Fin Motel is solid choice, too, but probably a little more expensive than the Sea Dell.

FWIW- The Florida Keys standard of clean and nice hotels is very different then clean and nice hotels in other parts of Florida. Hope your trip is amazing. If you dive out of Duck Key, the op there, Dive Duck Key, are some of the best people in the Keys and my favorite crew in the Marathon area.

Last edited:
We stayed on Marathon Key in December. We stayed at Casa Del Sol. It was very nice, and not all that expensive. You might want to check it out. We dove with Dive Duck Key, and I would dive with them again in a heartbeat. Great outfit.

I liked the Key Colony Beach Motel -it's pretty laid back and a little rustic. The owner is - I think - a transplant from NJ.

We stayed at Sea Dell on Marathon and were also very happy with our stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom