WTB: Soft weights for BCD pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ktkt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody looking to sell some soft weights, or have a recommendation for where to get a good deal? I need approx 30lb.

I can help you out.
$2.00 per lb. , and I have them in 5#, 4#, 2# and 1# sizes. They are the Sea Pearls brand.

Can ship in a USPS box for about $10.00

Let me know, Jim

Forget about my weights, they just sold to another member.

Jim Breslin

Hey KTKT, I dunno if you're still looking for weights, but I noticed that you're from Berkeley as well.

Jim Steele's store on Telegraph Ave sells soft weights for $3.00/pound. I believe he has soft shot-bag weights. He's an honest dude and from my experience with him, he won't lead you astray and I think you'd be hard pressed to beat his prices elsewhere. I got all of my gear from his store :)

Good luck!

Ah, I just gave in and got them from my dive shop today. Oh well, twenty more days of diving, and then I'll have broken even vs. renting!

Anyway, I would be thrilled to find some buddies in Berkeley to make it down to Monterey more often. Let me know if you want to do some nice easy dives sometime.

Ah, I just gave in and got them from my dive shop today. Oh well, twenty more days of diving, and then I'll have broken even vs. renting!

Anyway, I would be thrilled to find some buddies in Berkeley to make it down to Monterey more often. Let me know if you want to do some nice easy dives sometime.

Mattaphore and I know quite a few divers from the Berkeley area now. We should all make a trip down there soon!

Also, try to check out Steele's on Telegraph when you have a chance. He can help you out with most equipment needs and has GREAT prices. Example: vis + airfill for $8.50, you won't find that kind of deal anywhere else.

Don't feel bad about paying more for the weights though because Steele is out of lead right now. I wanted to buy some last week and ended up getting it from Aquarius 2 at the Breakwater for $4/lbs.

Back
Top Bottom