Where to hang my tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,

I've decided it's time for a change. With that said I'm looking to relocate to somewhere where the diving is fine (preferably year round) and I'm thinking it's the left coast. Knowing little of the diving there (other than a week spent between Long Beach and San Diego) I was hoping some members here could give me some suggestions for a dive monkey to be happy.

Thanks much,

Jeff

If you're looking for warm water, So Fla is the place. But water temps in Monterey area are around 50-53 year round. Right now they are 46F though & a bit chilly :). Kelp diving is spectacular!

Hi JRO:

I doubt that you can beat the warm waters for visibility/clarity. However, diving through Kelp is a wonderful experience. You'll be amazed just by kneeling in the shallows and watching the sun rays pierce the kelp canopy. It truly is like being in a forest.

Be prepared to deal with cold water equipment (drysuit/wetsuit and the additional weight to keep you down). You might not get the consistently good conditions that you have in Florida but when the conditions are favorable, the diving is spectacular.

Claude

Last edited:
I am not world scuba traveler... except Spain, Greece and Caribbean I spent all of my dives in Cal coast. Hands down there is nothing more beautiful than sun shining through yellow kepl beds. It's truly magical experience and worth 45F water temp ;-)

I love diving Catalina (water is a bit warmer, ocean still beautiful) but it's not cheap place to live...

Monterey/Carmel has fantastic dive sites and truly amazing dive community.

I would think the first thing to look for would be a job position?? There are benefits to being adaptable with growing industries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom