Ft Lauderdale local fish markets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shadowdaz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anybody knows local fish markets in Ft Lauderdale (and area) to get catch of the day fish from?
I visit Ft Lauderdale about twice a year and would like to get the local fish from the fish market, wanted to get some pointers on places, how good they are, etc.

Thanks in advance.

A few choices in the Ft Lauderdale area are:

Captain Mike's Seafood, it's in davie the south west corner of 441 and griffin road
their # is 954-791-2955. It's a retail seafood market that sells fresh fish

Two Bills is just off Griffin Rd, on 44th, just east of 441.
It's a wholesale market that will sell retail. Grab a bucket, get your fresh fish out of of the coolers and take it to be weighed and cut up. It's fresh, get your fish before it goes to the retail market.

Penn Dutch is a market with a good sea food selection, they frequently have medium stone crabs on sale for $10 a pound

There is a guy with a yellow van on Dania Beach Blvd as you travel west bound from the beach, good prices on shrimp. If you catch him around 6-7 on a sunday night you can get get some good prices on large stone crab claws. Make sure it's in season and you ask for florida stone crabs, otherwise you get offered venezualan or jonah claws at a cheap price.

Last edited:
Great! Thanks for so many recommendations! Will check them out.
Eventually will get to spear fish diving =) Want to try barracuda.

There's lots of good fish down here in SE Florida, I always give a pass on barracuda. I tried it once as a left over. The guy caught it the day before and didn't have any symptoms the next day.

Ciguatera Fish Poisoning

Anybody knows local fish markets in Ft Lauderdale (and area) to get catch of the day fish from?
I visit Ft Lauderdale about twice a year and would like to get the local fish from the fish market, wanted to get some pointers on places, how good they are, etc.

Thanks in advance.

West Palm Beach, Saturdays till 1pm "green market" Downtown on flagger ave.

A little further south boynton beach, another market next to a John G's. Same day and time..

A few choices in the Ft Lauderdale area are:

Captain Mike's Seafood, it's in davie the south west corner of 441 and griffin road
their # is 954-791-2955. It's a retail seafood market that sells fresh fish

Two Bills is just off Griffin Rd, on 44th, just east of 441.
It's a wholesale market that will sell retail. Grab a bucket, get your fresh fish out of of the coolers and take it to be weighed and cut up. It's fresh, get your fish before it goes to the retail market.

Penn Dutch is a market with a good sea food selection, they frequently have medium stone crabs on sale for $10 a pound

There is a guy with a yellow van on Dania Beach Blvd as you travel west bound from the beach, good prices on shrimp. If you catch him around 6-7 on a sunday night you can get get some good prices on large stone crab claws. Make sure it's in season and you ask for florida stone crabs, otherwise you get offered venezualan or jonah claws at a cheap price.

Unless I catch it myself I get my seafood at Captain Mike's

+ Penn Dutch. Really fresh seafood and meat. But you have to brace yourself before you go. It can be a bit overwhelming as it's always a madhouse.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom