I bought George Irvines regs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ragnar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Funny. Over the years I've learned to search eBay for Apex instead of Apeks as sometimes things are listed under the wrong spelling. Well, apparently an employee of Gavin Scooters A.K.A. George Irvine made just that mistake and I picked up a set of Georges FST/TX100's for under $500! There are about six DS4's on there for $200 if anyone is interested. Search watersports for APEX and you'll find them, but hurry there is only one day left.

I wonder how many feet down the line my regs have been and if they will help me pass fundies:D

I don't know, but I bought a set of regs from Andrew Georgitsis, and when I took them in for service, the tech discovered the person who had previously worked on them had assembled them with a shim in the wrong place . . . I'd get them serviced, if I were you :)

I guess because he is older than dirt and has been servicing ScubaPro regs since I was in diapers (and that's not hyperbole -- he laid some of the original line in Ginnie Springs) -- and if I recall, he showed me the schematics and the parts as they were, and as they should have been.

To the OP: I'll just warn you, despite my desperate hope, Andrew's regs didn't improve my trim, either . . . :(

Yeah, I'm gonna have them looked at when I get them, hope for the best. I don't know how long they have been sitting around either, always a crap-shoot.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom