Some pics from Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheyeview

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (The Diving Capital of the Worl
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Friday morning I did a couple of easy reef dives with Conch Republic Divers in Islamorada.

I dove with my brother Doug, Kelly, Doug's pastor Sam, and Sam's wife Mimi.

Dive 1 was on Davis Reef. Visibility was 45', water temp was 79* & the seas were less than a foot.

Dive 2 was on Pleasure Reef near Davie Crocker. All conditions were the same except that the water temp was 81*!

I got some one on one time with a young Hawks Bill Turtle on dive 2.

I was shooting a different lens yesterday. My Tokina 35mm which I have only shot once before. I forgot how much I like the lens. It is very versatile, and focuses really close. Although the turtle got right up to the port a couple of times which was too close for the camera.

I took so may shots with this lens that I had a hard time pairing them down. So, I am posting more than normal. I hope you enjoy them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

I know exactly where that Christsmas tree collection is, great shots

A spotted drum! I haven't seen those very often (actually only once, and it was in the keys, but was a juvenile).

Thanks.

81º water... mmmmmm

Great pics. Thanks for showing us my son loved the turtle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom