Hurricane Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemikethepike

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a video of Saturday's dive at Hurricane Bay. This is a Lake Tahoe Dive site.

[youtubehq]0pNr0rL0XrA[/youtubehq]

What was that object you found and propped up?

I am thinking that was an old transmission. Whether it is an artifact or trash, well that is another question. I like to think that it has been there a while and that it is enough like an artifact and that it should stay in the lake. On the other hand, I think that it is enough like trash that I do not mind people "playing" with it.

What was your bottom time, temp etc?

Dive 1:
Runtime: 33 minutes
Max Depth 59.7 ft
Water Temp: 40.1 deg F

Surface Interval: 68 minutes

Dive 2:
Runtime: 46 minutes
Max Depth: 68.6 ft
Water Temp: 39.7 deg F

All of the video was from Dive 1.

Hi Mike:

Thanks a million for the video. I've passed that area many times on my bicycle in the summer, when I stay at Squaw Valley for a mini-vacation. Seen a number of divers enter the area and always wanted to know what lingered below.

Hopefully, you'll get a chance to video something in Emerald Bay. I always wondered if it is as spectacular down below as it is topside. Also, 40 degrees. Wow! I'll wager the heater in your car was on max after the dive.

Claude

Here is a video of Saturday's dive at Hurricane Bay. This is a Lake Tahoe Dive site.

Hi Mike,
Nice dive, what a beautifull blue ....
I dived onr time on hurrican bay, but maybe not exactly on the same spot. I found some big trees from 60ft to 200ft and more. A lot of crawfishes...

Can you indicate me how to find the small wreck please ?
Do you have like a list of the nice spots to dive in Tahoe, with directions to find cliffs and wrecks ?
I already have this, but maybe you can help to get some other spots ?
Map

thank you very much
Mickael

Hi Mike,
Can you indicate me how to find the small wreck please ?
Mickael

So, the small wreck is pretty easy to find. Just line up with the intersection of Highway 89 and the private road (Mankato Pl), head straight in until a depth of about 50 - 55 ft and then turn right to head south along the 50-55 ft contour. You will run right into it with a few hundred feet.

Michael

Hi Mike:

Hopefully, you'll get a chance to video something in Emerald Bay. I always wondered if it is as spectacular down below as it is topside. Also, 40 degrees. Wow! I'll wager the heater in your car was on max after the dive.

Claude

Claude; See
https://picasaweb.google.com/ad6e00/BargesDiveEmeraldBayJuly2010#
No video, but you can see what Emerald Bay is like mid-summer.
It's, well, emerald.

Alan

So, the small wreck is pretty easy to find. Just line up with the intersection of Highway 89 and the private road (Mankato Pl), head straight in until a depth of about 50 - 55 ft and then turn right to head south along the 50-55 ft contour. You will run right into it with a few hundred feet.
Michael

thanks Michael

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom