Dive recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Algae

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm visiting the keys the week/weekend before Memorial day.

I'm looking for recommendations on:
1) what area to dive (key largo etc..)
2) what are some good dive boats/shops
3) is there any good beach diving and where

Just to give you back ground. I'm an advanced open water diver with 100+ dive
with a lot of experience in surgey beach dives (some I'm pretty comfortable in the water) but my Boy friend only has about 3 dives after his certification (though he was trained in CA and is actually a very confident and good diver).

We don't wreck diving (yet).

Thanks,
LG

Hi LG,
I live in Florida and have been diving the Keys for over ten years. We usually go down there once a year to dive. The keys have shallow reefs and deep wrecks. I have done most of the wrecks in the keys and most of them are in depths of 90 to over 100 ft. The outer reefs are usually from about 25 to around 60 ft. Most of the dives were around 40 to 50 ft. One wreck that is only about 50 ft. is the Benwood. The wreck is if a wooden ship and is completly open. The only thing left are the cross beams of the hull and part of the hull. The reefs are beautiful and the marine life is also beautiful and abundant.

The last two times we were there we used Chonch Republic Divers in Tavernier and the Florida Keys Dive center both of which we used to dive wrecks .They both did a good job, I personally think that Conch Republic divers did a better job for us. If you do decide to do some wreck diving, the Spiegel Grove and the Duane both great wreck dives.

Hope this helps.

You posted in the forum for a dive club in S. Florida when you really meant to post where everyone can see it. Asking a mod to move it for you.

quero:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

At your service!

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all DO know that the OP was asking for recommendations for Memorial Day, which has already passed, right?

Actually, the forum where it was originally posted was deleted. I asked that it be moved because it wouldn't be nice to have someone else's post deleted. Doesn't mean y'all had to jump on it, though.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom